Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thick is the new thin



As a teenager I had hairy caterpillar eyebrows. I couldn’t wait to start threading (I wasn’t allowed till I was 14 or 15) so I could finally have arched, thin eyebrows. But now 15 years later, I hate threading my eyebrows. I want them to look thick and dark the way they did when I was a child. So I always tell my threading lady to simply “clean” my eyebrows which means to only remove  hair located below and above the hairline. If you don’t specify the shape you want then they pluck and arch and snip until your eyebrows are anorexic thin. My sister who had beautifully shaped eyebrows was recently a victim of a sadistic thread happy lady. One eyebrow was spared while the other might need Rogaine. Or a weave.
I think thin eyebrows make you older. I met a 16 year old with perfectly arched ones and I thought she looked at least 21. The thin shape also makes you look like you have something shoved up your fanny. You look unapproachable and cold. Thick brows on the other hand, help highlight your eyes and just add to your sex appeal. And girls, whether most of you agree or not, men love natural versions of us. So even they prefer natural shapes. If you think they don’t notice, they do. They’re not quick to comment like most women but they notice eveeeryyything.
If you’re born with naturally thin brows, then don’t fret. There are lots of ways to darken them. I love using mascara. Preferably water proof mascara.  I just dab off the excess from the brush and then apply a few upward strokes to my brows. It shapes and darkens them and when the mascara dries, they might become a little stiff which is a good thing because the hair stays in place.


                                                     
                                                  Super Sexy Frida Kahlo Inspired Brows.



                                                            She could definitely go thicker.



          This is my beautiful cousin Shaheen. I think she has the prettiest, darkest eyebrows I've seen. Even though she is a human tweezer (she can actually tweeze with her index finger and thumb) she manages to spare her eyebrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment